Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sharing the love, 12/27/2012



Welcome back from Christmas!  I hope you survived… my family and I did, but barely.  We did four Christmases in three days, put 464 miles behind us (unfortunately, not a record for the Hurricane family at Christmas time), survived four sick family members, and consumed unfathomable amounts of turkey.  We were happy to see everyone, but we’re equally happy (maybe a little more) to be back in our own home, in our own brand of madness.

Going back to my “spreading the love” project, I want to mention one of my closest friends.  We went to high school together, and now we live in the same town again.  She’s sort of like the sister I never had… we’ve got lots of really strange things in common.  I know I can always tell her exactly what’s on my mind and most of the time she’ll say, “Oh my gosh, I know, right?!”

So, dear friend, I want you to know that you are a little ray of perpetual sunshine in my life.  You always brighten any room you walk into with your cheer and your smile.  Even when your life gets turned upside down or things aren’t going your way, you always put on a brave face and cheer on everyone around you.  The world needs more people like you.  I truly admire you, and hope to be like you someday (if I can ever become less cynical and cranky).

1 comment:

  1. Your so not cynical and cranky :) You are every compliment you just gave me in this post, you just don't know it!!
    Love,
    The girl who is all smiles because she just read this and realized it was about me (Not sure how I missed it in December, I thought I had read every one of your posts!)

    ReplyDelete