Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12/19/12



I just wrote an entire page about the Sandy Hook tragedy.  I had to delete it… I couldn’t bring myself to post it.  In the past week I’ve cried more than I knew I could cry.  I’ve cried at work, I’ve cried in my car, I’ve cried at home.  My heart is so heavy for everyone involved.

This whole situation is ugly, and there is no quick fix for it.  Some believe the answer is gun control, some believe it is bringing God back into schools.  I’m not sure either of those things are the answer (just to clarify, I’m a gunless, devout Christian), but I am happy to see the conversation surfacing about increased access to mental health care, or possible options for getting people the assistance they need.  

This article has been floating around for a while.  If you haven’t read it already, you need to go read I Am Adam Lanza’s Mother.  No matter where you stand, it’s bound to make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment