Friday, December 21, 2012

Sharing the love, 12/21/2012



A friend of mine and I were grabbing lunch and catching up today when we bumped into someone we both knew.  We said “hi” and exchanged pleasantries, and as she left, my friend and I began talking about what a great person she is and how much we both liked her.  I got to thinking, why do we do that?  Why can’t we tell the people we love how much we value their presence in our lives?  I think, among several other things, that is one area I’m going to try to strengthen in 2013… in fact, I’m so impatient, I’m not going to wait until then.  This is something I want to do better now.  Every day until the end of 2012, I’m going to share the love with some of the people I care about, but don't tell as often as I should. 

Today, I want to thank my son’s wonderful day care mom: You are a beautiful person, inside and out!  I couldn’t imagine O spending his days with anyone else.  You share your home and your family with us every day, and I’m so grateful to have you in our lives.  No matter how chaotic life gets for us, I know O has a strong, stable environment to be in Monday through Friday from 8-5.  The morals and values you hold are in line with the values Tots and I are trying so hard to instill in O, and I appreciate knowing that our efforts extend beyond our own home.  You are a joy to work with, from your friendly smile first thing in the morning to the pictures you send me of O during the day, to your nightly rundown of his day when I pick him up.  THANK YOU for giving so much of yourself to my family, and all of the other families you serve.  You, your daughters, and your husband are a bigger part of our lives than you could possibly know.  Thank you also for being such a great acquaintance-turned-friend.  Your constant support of me and my endeavors is astounding to me.  



1 comment:

  1. Awww, Jessie! You are such a sweetheart! Your family has been a Godsend to me! You came into my life when I needed you the most! O. brightens all our days & I am blessed to get to watch him every day. I look forward to him getting here every morning & am sad when he has to go home. And I love chatting w/you every day! For being a bit apart in age, we have a lot in common! I am in awe at how together you always are & am excited to see your future unfold! And your Tots in a great one too! Although I don't get to see him as often, when I do, he always makes me laugh w/his one liners! I always appreciate a good sense of humor!!
    Merry Christmas Eby family! You made my year!!

    ReplyDelete