Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day!



Oh my gosh, you guys.  Have you ever accidentally wandered into something at the perfect time?  That’s sort of what has happened to me.

First, let me start by saying happy May day!  Here in Northeastern Nebraska, we got snow and sleet all day.  At the rate we’re going, I’m going to be celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a mug of tequila while I scoop my driveway.  Geez.  

Okay, according to my resolutions, I’m supposed to be using the month of May to write about my 5k training.  My training has been going well (as much so as training can go for an avid couch potato such as myself), but I have a couple of things I need to write about first, including a few encore Cheapskate April topics.

Alright, are you ready to hear about what I’m so excited about?  I can practically see you sitting on the edge of your seat, screaming  excitedly at your computer.  I hope you’ll join me in the challenge issued by Money Saving Momthe CLUTTER BUSTING CHALLENGE!  It’s simple, really.  You just find 7 things to get rid of every day.  This is coming at the perfect time for us, as we’re actively trying to cut out the junk in our life and downsize as much as possible.

This actually works into one of the topics I was hoping to write about for Cheapskate April.  When you’re trying to live on a budget, selling unwanted (but still valuable) items can be a good way to make some money.  Think about everything you have.  There’s a good chance you’ve got clothes, kitchen items, tools, or other miscellaneous items you haven’t used in over six months that you could part with.  You could host a garage sale (partner up with some friends or family members to make your sale larger and more worthy of buyer’s time), find a consignment shop, or get on ebay or similar service.  In fact, my community has an exchange page on Facebook.  It’s a great way to connect within the community and sell things fast.

So, are you on board for the month of May?  Here are my seven things for today:
We've got an unopened webcam, a dog brush (useless, as our short-haired dog is balding anyway), two windshield scrapers (you can never have too many?), a sandal candle, a lighter (neither of us smokes), and an ugly pink basket.







No comments:

Post a Comment