Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Clutter-Busting: Makeup Edition

I've had a few busy clutter-busting days, but I don't have many pictures to show for it. As most of you know, Tots and I put our house on the market last week, so this challenge really couldn't have come at a better time for us.

I left off with our dryer on Friday. We spent most of Saturday cleaning out our unfinished basement, which had become our catch-all. Old appliances, abandoned pieces of projects long forgotten, college textbooks and syllabi, you name it, it was down there. I didn't keep track of my seven things for Saturday, because I know we ended up getting rid of far more than that. In fact, we probably took out seven bags of trash!

Sunday was Mother's Day, so I gave myself the day off. Tots and O made me breakfast in bed and then took me to lunch. I didn't lift a finger all day :).

On Monday, we got a call from our realtor that she would be showing our house on Tuesday. Our basement was cleared out, but it was far from ready to be shown. Again, we got rid of probably two or three more bags of trash. I also cleaned out one of my linen closets and got rid of six old pillows and one ratty old sleeping bag. I didn't take a picture because quite honestly, I was embarrassed! Who hangs on to that sort of stuff?!

We took Tuesday off after working into the wee hours the night before.

Tonight, I'm excited to bring you... Clutter-Busting: Makeup Edition.



You're looking at seven different lipsticks/glosses. None of them have been touched within the last year. Possibly the last two years. And yes, one is missing it's lid.

I'm not a lipstick person. I went through a phase where I tried to find the right color, but to this day, have not succeeded. Now I'm left with a drawer full of nudes, pinks, reds, and a few browns (ick- blondes should never wear browns) that I pull out from time to time and remind myself why I don't wear lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment