Friday, May 10, 2013

A whole week of clutter-busting

I've been a bad blogger.  Unfortunately, the beautiful unpredictable Nebraska weather has kept me out of the house and away from the computer, with many gorgeous rainy and crappy days to enjoy endure.  I'm a little bitter, if you can't tell, but I'm so grateful all our snow is gone, and I'm hoping it's safe to say spring is here.

Just because I wasn't here doesn't mean I wasn't keeping up with the challenge.  Here is my week, in junk:
 
On Friday, I went through my closet and found at least seven shirts to get rid of.

 O's closet felt my wrath on Saturday.  I know, it's not seven.  You've gotta trust me, we found LOTS more that we took out of his closet, I just happened to have a picture of these five items because I knew they were given to us by two different families, and I couldn't remember who gave what, so needed to send a picture so they could return to their correct home.

 Sunday we cleaned out our spare bedroom.  Trust me, there's more than seven different books and magazines in this stack.  Am I the only one who does this?  Why the hell would I keep these old magazines?  My only defense is that I got pregnant about a quarter into my subscription and I quit reading it then because I couldn't do the exercises.  I told myself I would look through them after I had the baby... because apparently before I became a mother, I was delusional.  In the words of Sweet Brown, ain't nobody got time for that.  I barely have time to brush my teeth before I pass out from exhaustion every night, much less read anything that doesn't have big, colorful pictures and rhyming words.

 On Monday, I dug out a broken necklace, three mugs, lullaby cds (they worked for me, not for baby), an unused lamp, and a cross picture frame.

 Tuesday was a little bit of a slacker day for me.  I found an old fake plant that looks just a little too fake, an old throw pillow, and old gift bags.  Don't tell me I'm the only one who recycles gift bags... It's a great way to save some money, but somehow I always end up collecting more than I'm able to use.  Maybe that says something about the number of parties we get invited to, or the number of friends I have?  I don't know. 

 On Wednesday I found more pieces from the depths of my closet.  This time I ventured over to Tots' side, too.  The shirts you see here are the ones he gave me permission to garage sale.  I have yet to get my hands on anything I really want to see gone (he keeps a pretty tight inventory of his Cowboys gear).

 Thursday: two hoodies and a fairly new sweater.  I know, again, not quite seven.  But these hoodies were a little hard to part with, so I think it's ok.

Today I'm posting a picture of our old dryer.  This might be cheating; we've been planning to get rid of her for a while, we just haven't done it.  We've got to clean out our basement, though, so she needs to find a new home ASAP.

Have you been participating in the challenge?  How are you doing so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment