Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thanksgiving in July: 7/10



1.       Modern technology. I live about six hours away from my mom and dad, and sometimes it’s hard to have so much distance between us. That’s probably why my son has hijacked my facebook page (sorry, all of my college friends who gag at all of my mommy posts). I don’t want my family to miss anything, and I want O to know who they are, too. Facebook makes it really easy to look at pictures and share videos and stories. Just ten short years ago, I would’ve had to resort to calling my mom, every day, on my flip phone that may or may not have had a crappy camera.
2.       Second chances. We all need them sometimes.
3.       Subtle reminders of who and what we want to be. Sometimes it comes in the form of an inspirational, positive person who we aspire to be like. You know the person who lights up the room with their smile, has never said a bad word about anybody, and can encourage and lift even the most despondent situation. Sometimes it’s the opposite. Have you ever been around someone who is chronically negative, or two-faced, or angry? It sort of opens your eyes and reminds you of what you don’t want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Good post Jessie. I especially like the 2nd chances. I certainly need a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete